Educational criteria on specifying metal was sparse and Compass Ironworks is working hard to provide specifiers with the most current knowledge on the correct outlines to utilize Iron, steel, aluminum, bronze, Corten and stainless steel. With proper protocols, these materials can last for, decades, generations or centuries and provide beauty and safety as steel stairs, driveway gates, deck railings and privacy fence. Also done strategically, materials can be utilized with 97-100% recycled content and eco-friendly finish administered that is 99.99% reclaimable and emits no VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) into the atmosphere.
Another area of concern has been the incorrect specification of automatic driveway gates and gate openers. With the latest safety standards from UL325, there are still many designers innocently designing front gates in violation of the new standard. Our goal is to share the best practices for safety and aesthetics to benefit clients, the public and the community.
To date we have created the following courses:
- Design and Specification of Sustainable Custom Ironworks
- Components and Idiosyncrasies of Custom ironwork
- Iron vs Aluminum Materials
- Demystifying Ironwork
- Combatting Degradation Metal Finishes to Embellish your Project
- Access Control, Safety and Security
- Current Construction Insights: is what we created to provide, relevant knowledge for estimators, supervisors or client liaisons in the high end residential and commercial industry.