Educational criteria on specifying metal was sparse and Compass Ironworks is working hard to provide specifiers with the most current knowledge on the correct outlines to utilize Iron, steel, aluminum, bronze, Corten and stainless steel. With proper protocols, these materials can last for, decades, generations or centuries and provide beauty and safety as steel stairs, driveway gates, deck railings and privacy fence. Also done strategically, materials can be utilized with 97-100% recycled content and eco-friendly finish administered that is 99.99% reclaimable and emits no VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) into the atmosphere.
Another area of concern has been the incorrect specification of automatic driveway gates and gate openers. With the latest safety standards from UL325, there are still many designers innocently designing front gates in violation of the new standard. Our goal is to share the best practices for safety and aesthetics to benefit clients, the public and the community.
What are people saying about our Educational Sessions?
- "It was easy to understand, very detailed and visually pleasing"
- "Clear and informative for those associated with this field."
- "I always like case studies and examples, this Lunch-N-Learn did an excellent job with actual hands-on examples and clearly met my personal objectives for attending."
- "It is always important to know all one can when designing, this knowledge is power."
- "Presenter was very informative, spoke clearly and presented well."
- "With the resurgence in popularity of Iron works, my guys are specifying more and more Iron. the challenge was that they had to figure everything out on the fly, which mandated more personal oversight from my end. Being able to educate my whole team of architects and designers was phenomenal, it empowers them to embrace the sustainable attributes and specify with confidence."
- "There is nothing like having the samples there, hands on, right in the room."
- "The personal delivery was much more engaging than the cookie cutter computer slide or video presentation."
- "You brought a level of knowledge of past and present metal working and available materials and product options that will enable me to give our clients an overview of what can be achieved."
- "More than I hoped for. I expected it would be boring but Amos made it interesting. His passion for his craft is evident."
- "The course was well thought out and the presentation was informing. We liked all of the presentation, we especially liked all of the work samples. The presenters knew the subject matter and were enthusiastic about presenting it to our office."
To date we have created the following courses:
- Design and Specification of Sustainable Custom Ironworks
- Components and Idiosyncrasies of Custom ironwork
- Iron vs Aluminum Materials
- Demystifying Ironwork
- Combatting Degradation Metal Finishes to Embellish your Project
- Access Control, Safety and Security
- Current Construction Insights: is what we created to provide, relevant knowledge for estimators, supervisors or client liaisons in the high end residential and commercial industry.